Respiracote is a Marshmallow liquid herbal remedy, traditionally used in Western Herbal Medicine to relieve dry unproductive cough, reduce throat irritation and soothe irritated tissues.
Why a herbal remedy may complement other therapeutic approaches
Each of us will respond differently to various therapies of both complementary and western medicines. A herbal remedy is all in the name. We simply apply the traditional teachings gained from hundreds, if not thousands of years of medicinal herb use and develop our remedies accordingly. Modern medicine has benefited enormously from nature and in fact, a very large percentage of today’s pharmaceuticals have evolved as a consequence of knowledge gained from botanicals.
Herbal remedies are not designed to replace medication prescribed by doctors and more importantly, use of any complementary therapy should be discussed with your healthcare practitioner.
Herbal remedies are not a quick fix. A health condition typically manifests over a significant period of time and while we would all like symptoms to stop quickly, the body has its own way of dealing with things. The body heals itself and relies on support from various therapies or lifestyle changes. The root of the problem is the area most complementary practitioners aim for in their management of disease rather than a symptomatic approach.
Herbal remedies form an increasing part of disease management and are recommended by many natural health or integrative health specialists. They are well tolerated provided consumers read and follow all the important information, and consult with their healthcare practitioner.
100 mL Oral Liquid
Proudly made in Australia with Australian Grown Herbs
Althaea officinalis extract (0.8 mL/mL)
equivalent to fresh root 400 mg/mL
2.5 mL three times daily
6-12 years: 0.8 – 1.3 mL three times daily
2-6 years: 0.4 – 0.8 mL three times daily
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Shake bottle well before use. Can be diluted with water, fruit juice or other fluids if necessary.
- Safety during pregnancy and breast feeding has not been established. We recommend you do NOT take the product if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or that you STOP using the product if you become pregnant.
- May be diluted with water, a small amount of fruit juice or other fluids to facilitate ingestion.
- Always start with the lowest recommended dose and titrate upwards over the course of a few weeks until you get the desired effect. Do not exceed the maximum recommended dose.
- If after 3-4 weeks your symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.
- In products where there are no restrictions to longer term use, we recommend you decrease the dose once you start to feel better to see if the effect can be maintained at a lower dose.
- All products have a shelf life of 36 months from date of manufacture. The expiry date of the product is included on the bottle and carton. Use within 3 months of opening
Duration of use
There are no restrictions to longer term use.
May delay the absorption of other drugs.
36 months from date of manufacture
Store unopened bottle below 30°C. Use within 3 months of opening. Do not use beyond the expiry date printed on the label.
Take Respiracote a few hours before or after taking other medicines, including natural health products. Simultaneous ingestion of other drug medicines is not recommended.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED AND CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PRACTITIONER IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST. NOT TO BE USED IN CHILDREN UNDER TWO YEARS OF AGE WITHOUT MEDICAL ADVICE. CONTAINS 29% ETHANOL. USE ONLY IF CAP-SEAL IS UNBROKEN. Store below 30°C.